Rakesh Sarin – Co-author of Engineering Happiness: A New Approach for Building a Joyful Life – June 19, 2012
THE MORNING SHOW
Co-author of Engineering Happiness: A New Approach for Building a Joyful Life
Happiness is Reality minus Expection
Over the past 10 years, Baucells and Sarin have examined and analyzed data and evidence from all over the world to come up with a set of laws that govern our happiness. These laws, presented in Engineering Happiness, are supported by findings from scientific experiments, examples from ancient literature and pearls of wisdom from the world’s religions and spiritual practices.
“As any good, curious engineers would do,” explains Sarin of UCLA’s Anderson School of Management, “The two of us set out to define, measure, and discover the properties of happiness in a systematic and analytical way. Our curiosity has led us to some fascinating findings, the most important of which is our belief that happiness can, in fact, be engineered.”
Mr. Sarin joined us this morning for an absolutely wonderful and inspiring interview answering many questions pertaining to just what does create happiness. Would winning the lottery make you happy? Or having a nicer car? A bigger house? A better job? The answers will surprise and inspire. This is a fun show to pass along and make sure you make it to the very end for a cool story that may make you shiver. We did. Enjoy!
Rakesh Sarin is Distinguished Professor of Management at the Anderson School of Management at the University of California, Los Angeles.
|Amazon Links Below Open In A New Window Or Tab:|
rakesh aarin on building happiness, june 19, 2012
Similar Podcasts You Might Like:
- Gene Skaggs – Teacher, Healer and Author of Anderson Speaks: Messages From Across the Unknown Sea: How to Navigate the Loss of a Life Taken Too Soon – July 31, 2012
- Dr. Norman Shealy – The #1 Thing is to be Happy, the #2 is to Move – November 16, 2010
- Anthony Anderson – GROW PARADISE – What Really Matters is the Food – November 8, 2012
- Open Phone Friday – December 19, 2009
- Josie Varga – The Reality of Angels – Proof that we do not die – on being grateful – April 20, 2011
About the Author: