Re: What is it when the breath is imbalanced?
One sign of breath imbalance is sighing – an audible breath expressing …
(2) relief, or
(3) GRIEF RELIEF.
Another sign of breath imbalance is having a “hot head” and a “cold ass.”
Carbon dioxide is necessary for proper meditation due to its ability to absorb infrared radiation.
That’s why it has no time – or all times – on the Solar Nutrition Clock (Midnight-Noon Clock).
That’s why a fever increases carbon dioxide production.
The Buteyko Breathing people claim respiratory imbalance can be measured with their “control pause” test, but it can only be measured accurately with …
(1) CAPNOGRAPHY and
(2) PULSE OXIMETRY.
They provide information about …
(1) carbon dioxide metabolism,
(2) ventilation/perfusion ratio,
(3) alveolar ventilation,
(4) cellular respiration,
(5) physiologic respiration (different than cellular respiration),
(6) carbon dioxide elimination,
(7) general metabolism,
(8) hemoglobin saturation (osyhemoglobin/dexoxygenated hemoglobin ratio),
(9) peripheral oxygen saturation, and
(10) pooling of venous blood in the head.
So my advice is just to …
(1) meditate at Lung Time (3:00-5:00 a.m.),
(2) eat walnuts at Stomach Time (7:00-9:00 a.m.),
(3) eat a boiled orange at Spleen-Pancreas Time (9:00-11:00 a.m.),
(4) eat watermelon (by itself) at Urinary Bladder Time (3:00-5:00 p.m.),
(5) do neck rehabilitation exercises and practice sticking out your tongue at Triple Heater Time (9:00-11:00 p.m.),
(6) simultaneously yawn and stretch (pandiculate),
(7) practice “therapeutic breathing” (inhaling-pausing-exhaling-pausing, and so on), paying special attention to the pauses,
(8) do the Basic Five exercises,
(9) clear your toxic engrams,
(10) live a life of cosmic responsibility (Gurdjieff called it being-Partkdolg-duty), and
(11) allow your breath “imbalance” to automatically rebalance itself.
Adano Ley (Swami Nitty-Gritty) said …
“This polarity [of acidity and alkalinity] changes every hour [with the alternation of the breath in the right and left nostrils]. Very fast breathing is a hyper condition, or alkalinity. The breath comes in too soon. High blood pressure results. Breathing too slow is a hypo condition, or acidity. The breath comes in too late. The result is low blood pressure.”
… and …
“Eternity is the actionless action. PAUSE in breath adds to heightened increased immunity and dominion over the environment.”
… and …
“You’ll quicker fear something that will make you shit than accept something that will make you breathe.”
… and …
“Your breath is all you got. If you don’t breathe, you got nothing.”