Re: Does the body absorb the minerals in spring water or sea salt, or MUST the minerals go through plant or animal life to be absorbed?
The human body is exceptionally resourceful.
Not only does our body digest, assimilate, warehouse, and utilize inorganic (no carbon involved) minerals, but it can RECYCLE them too, using them twice or thrice.
The body itself supplies the carbonaceous and nitrogenous molecules to accomplish this.
Our cells use carbon to store water, including salt water.
Much of our sodium chloride would be wasted if it weren’t for our carbonaceous matrix.
The calcium in hard water (water with limestone dissolved in it) is readily absorbed.
Ditto the magnesium in hard water.
Magnesium can also be easily absorbed through the skin (according to the University of Maryland Medical Center and other sources too numerous to mention).
Calcium or magnesium in non-carbonate inorganic form would over-alkalize us if it weren’t for our body’s low-pH carbon dioxide coming to the rescue.
ALL VITAMINS CONTAIN CARBON … even the genetically-engineered vitamins synthesized by “life science” transnational monoliths like Hoffman La Roche (Switzerland), BASF (Germany), Aventis SA (France), Solray Pharmaceuticals (Netherlands), Merck (Germany), Daiichi Pharmaceuticals (Japan), Esai Company (Japan), Takada Chemical Industries (Japan), etc.   
One way to get extra calcium is to hold Coca-Cola in our mouth to dissolve our teeth. (I don’t recommend it.)
Orange juice or lemonade dissolves the calcium and other minerals out of our teeth considerably quicker, taking weeks instead of months.
So it’s not our highest choice to retain carbon dioxide in our mouth. Anyone feel a yawn coming on?
Spring water contains abundant macro-minerals and trace minerals.
Spring water is also notoriously radioactive (mostly from radium), especially when it ascends from bedrock or older rock.
Radium is commonly found in spring water, and less than a hundred years ago people drank it and bathed in it to absorb the radioactivity.
Ocean water is slightly radioactive too, 17 times more so in July, according to one researcher (A.J. Eve, 1909, North Atlantic Ocean).
Cooking in a cast-iron pot is one way to supplement with iron. It’s not our highest choice.
Copper from copper pipes is a way to supplement with copper. It’s also not our highest choice.
Amino acid chelates, amino acid-peptide combinations, orotates, aspartates, gluconates, picolinates, citrates, ascorbates, etc., are supposed to make minerals more bio-available.
The truth is our stomach and small intestines are perfectly capable of chelating and complexing most minerals without any help from industrial chemists.
Non-food-based minerals are often more bio-available, BUT THEREIN LIES THE PROBLEM.
Maybe there’s a reason our body sloughs off most of the minerals we shove in our mouth.
Maybe Mother Nature is smarter than industrial eggheads.
No one questions the fact that enhanced mineral absorption may be poisoning the body.
ONE MAN’S MINERAL DEFICIENCY IS ANOTHER MAN’S MINERAL EXCESS.
So what’s the advantage of obtaining our minerals from food and herbs?
Stay tuned to Atom’s Blog for more information.
 I’m foursquare against genetic engineering of any color – green biotech, red biotech, white biotech, and blue biotech.
 Basel, Switzerland, is the World Capital of Global Vitamin Cartels, and the worldwide vitamin cartel – excluding China – has been called the “Mother of All Conspiracies.” These 8 companies were all convicted of cooperating together in a worldwide price-fixing conspiracy.
 The monolithic vitamin cartels sell only 30% of their products directly to the public. Can anyone guess what happens to the other 70%?