The spleen is the Rodney Dangerfield of the body. It gets no respect.
According to Erisistratus of Alexandria, considered the founder of Anatomy in the Third Century, B.C., believed that the spleen was nothing but a counterbalance for the liver, so that the body wouldn’t bend to the right.
The more we learn about the spleen, the more important in becomes.
For example, the spleen is the boss of both the pancreas and the stomach.
When the spleen is removed, the pancreas can’t digest proteins, and the job gets passed on to the stomach.
That’s why excess protein will sometimes screw up a diabetic faster than excess sugar.
We can’t hibernate without a spleen.
Fortunately, 10 to 20 percent of the population have back-up spleens, and some of the remaining 80 percent can grow their spleen (or spleens) back.
According to Adano Ley (Swami Nitty-Gritty) …
“Diabetes is an excess positive charge from the pancreas, caused by an overstimulated spleen.
“The therapist should sedate this condition.
“Hypoglycemia is an excess negative charge from the pancreas, and it’s caused by an under-stimulated spleen.
“Stimulate this condition.
“The ‘shakes’ and the ‘DTs’ are caused by an excess neutral charge from the pancreas, caused by a wrongly polarized pancreas.
“Shuddering can be an early warning signal for hypoglycemia or diabetes.
“The positive to negative oscillation causes spasmodic action in the muscles analogous to the inter-metallic condensation that causes your car to go ‘chug, chug, chug’ in the morning.”