Colony Collapse Disorder is name given the massive unexplained losses of honey bees the past two years. This is a world wide phenomenon and the experts are closing in on the real causes.
We explore the magical world of bees with just the right person. It took some doing to pin her down to an hour but finally we connected with Professor Marla Spivak, Director of Graduate Studies in the Department of Entomology at the University of Minnesota.
It is a fascinating hour and you’l learn about bee sex, bee food, how they live, their social life, their strengths, weaknesses and how what we classify as SuperFoods; honey, bee pollen, propolis and royal jelly are created. Our own small National Geographic on honey bees
|Amazon Links Below Open In A New Window Or Tab:|
Managing Alternative Pollinators: A Handbook for Beekeepers, Growers, and Conservationists
Similar Podcasts You Might Like:
- Mark Almeter – Honey – Nature’s Superfood – September 6, 2010
- Michael Bush – Organic Beekeeping – Pollination Chemicals – Varroa Mite – CCD – August 7th
- Healing With Bee Venom with Reyah Carlson – October 19, 2010
- Norman Carreck – The Wonderful World of Bees and their Gifts to Humankind – October 11, 2012
- Robert Morningstar – Who Shot JFK and Why ? Special Show November 22, 2010
About the Author: