Tantra Yoga replays the “yoking” of the sperm and the ovum to become ONE.
The word “Yoga” derives from Sanskrit yojir, “to yoke.”
Tantra is a relatively recent coinage for the ancient science of Tologomy (related to the Indo-European tocology)
The sperm evolves and dilates into a spine and an endoskeleton.
The ovum evolves and dilates into a skull and an exoskeleton.
The sperm and the ovum yoke at the medulla oblongata (the Mouth of God),uniting in Holy Matrimony.
Adano Ley (Swami Nitty-Gritty) explained …
“The only marriage that cannot be put asunder is the one between the sperm and the ovum.”
Matter derives from “mother,” and the ovum is 85,000 larger than the sperm.
Alma mater means “nourishing mother.”
Matrimony relates to both “matter” and “money.”
A healthy man is designed to produce a minimum of 1,000 sperm per heartbeat.
The ovum is the source of quality, and the sperm is the source of quantity.
(1) My favorite text on the psychological aspects of Tantra is …
John Ryan Haule, Indecent Practices and Erotic Trance: Making Sense of Tantra, Volumes 1 & 2, 1999
(2) Here’s another good intro to the psychology of Tantra …
Andre Van Lysebeth, Tantra: The Cult of the Feminine, 1995
(3) This is an “easy read” book on Tantra …
Omar Garrison, Tantra: The Yoga of Sex, 1964
(4) The Kama Sutra provides an excellent view of Indian sexuality, and puts Tantra in context …
Alain Danielou (translator), The Complete Kama Sutra: The First Unabridged Modern Translation of the Classic Indian Text, 1994
(5) Here’s an example of Western Tantra involving coitus reservatus …
Alice Bunker Stockham, Karezza: Ethics of Marriage, 1903
(6) Here’s an example of Western Tantra 180 degrees opposed to Karezza that explains the bio-electrical nature of sexuality …
Wilhelm Reich, The Function of the Orgasm, 1941, 1961
(7) These two volumes have little to do with Tantra or sexuality, yet are extremely useful for understanding the underlying geometry of the sperm and ovum as complementary Kundalini and Cosmodyne forces …
Dr. Randolph Stone, Polarity Therapy, Volumes 1 & 2, 1954-1957
(8) Understanding Tantra depends on a basic knowledge of sexuality, and an ideal beginning of a very long journey is …
Havelock Ellis, Studies in the Psychology of Sex, volumes 1 through every volume you can get your hands on.
I was lucky enough to find a treasure trove of Havelock Ellis at the Gibson D. Lewis Health Science Library in Fort Worth, Texas.
This osteopathic library is now being deliberately RUINED by a medical coup, and the worthwhile books are being thrown into the dumpster behind the building volume by volume.